Saturday, February 1, 2020

Where is Al?

    In response to last night's post, among other things, Lars gave me this quote "Privilege masks itself."  Wow! Now that's worth remembering because it combines deep truth in a bumper sticker brevity. That one essay, quoted last night, is worth the price of the book just for its concise history of Haiti.
    So, where do you suppose I have found myself now?  If you said "Ayutthaya" give yourself a "atta-girl" or "atta-boy!"  When teaching for the week was nixed my family said "Let's do a thing on Sunday."  When they asked me what I wanted I said in Thai "Up to you." Well, here it is Saturday afternoon, and it was a balmy 81 degrees when I arrived mid-afternoon. So, what will we do tomorrow? I have no clue, and I'm not asking, I'm waiting for a revelation which will happen in due time. 😀  Though, I do have to admit I hope it's not a visit to a temple, but?????????
   In the meantime I'll share a couple of pics from previous years.

Takk for alt,

Al
My funky, old, wooden school.

Sweets in banana leaf.
The bus depot I visited briefly on my way to the mini-bus.

No comments: