Sunday, February 9, 2020

Well, I am retired!

    As another day of idleness draws to close it struck me that "I am retired".  The retirement concept for me has meant the freedom to do what I want and very little that I don't want. Sitting around has not been my idea of retirement life. These few days of quietude reinforce my more active approach. This is not a complaint, living in the comfort of the guesthouse while I avoid crowds which may harbor the virus, is not difficult or painful...just not what I would regularly choose.
    Looking for noon lunch I did venture out to the monthly street fair on Silom Rd., a couple of blocks away.  After eating my lunch I mosied back to my room. Last night I even ordered
room service.  Within twenty minutes an order of chicken fried rice was at my door for $2.50...it was very good, too.
   So, this is life in the slow lane. News broke this morning of a mass shooting in Korat, about four hours away. This is very unusual in Thailand...perhaps the shooter thought he was in America!

Takk for alt,

Al

Three dogs hang out at Met's coffee shop so she feeds them.

The sign for Met's Coffee Shop.

Fifth graders at work.

6th grade, the teacher on my left is standing a step higher than I.

No comments: