Thursday, February 6, 2020

"Discretion is the better part of valor", though Falstaff had neither.

     "To stay or go, that is the question?" I've decided to go. As the Wuhan Virus makes its way around Asia it seems prudent to cut my stay here a bit shorter. On the one hand, I don't want the virus. On the other hand travelers from Thailand may eventually be subject to quarantine as are those coming to the U.S., from China, who are sequestered for 14 days.
     Delta Airlines had room for me on a plane leaving February 12, for a price of course, and with the marvels of jet travel I will leave at 9:40 am, and arrive Mpls. at 4:17 p.m. Besides,for a little more money I got an exit row from Seoul to Mpls. 
     The trajectory of the virus is not clear and there is evidence that it is mutating. Tomorrow, Friday, I will teach and say goodbye, then go to Bangkok until  my flight.  Monday is a Buddhist holiday so there is no school, Buddha's birthday maybe.
      This morning I taught the 3rd and 4th grades. In only my second time with them I discovered the 3rd grade to be quick on the up-take. Too bad I'll only have those two times this year.
      The sixth grade will be poignant tomorrow as it will be goodbye. Should I return next year they will have scattered to different middle schools. Four years of meeting with them will end. 


Takk for alt,

Al
My housemate, Nice, is by the post.

The current school.

The new school, may it never be finished.

Sweet sticky rice in banana leaf.

No comments: