Friday, February 7, 2020

Planning to leave quietly??????

    Just yesterday I announced to the school that today would be my last day.  This year I've only taught a few days and with a departure day 24 hours away I thought I could just slip quietly away! Perhaps it was a little less elaborate than some but they gave me a huge send off including 33 hand made cards, gifts from the teachers and one from the school. There were hugs, and fist bumps, and high fives and speeches. It is nice to be a rock star occasionally! 
    After all that I left for BKK with my 'cup full'. Staying with tradition, rather than trying to teach, I led the 5th and 6th graders in games. Do you think they liked that?  Then we took pictures and I said a final goodbye to grade six.
    So, once again, I'm in the Bangkok Christian Guesthouse, from which I'll depart on Wednesday, for MSP. The unscientific poll of respondents seem to indicate, in deciding to leave, I'm making the correct decision.

Takk for Alt,

Al
Grade five.

The farewell.

Grade 6.

The faculty

No comments: