Tuesday, February 18, 2020

"...quickens with life."

"SPRING LEADS EVER SO NATURALLY AND COMFORTABLY INTO SUMMER

    "New shades of green appear.
     Leaves grow full and varied,
     plants reach upward and outward,
     fields blanket themselves in bold displays of color.
     The sun stays longer than before.
     Mornings begin brighter,
     afternoons turn warmer,
     and evenings beckon in a way that they have not in a long while.
     There is a sense of renewed vitality.
     What happen around you in nature
     can also happen within you in your grief.
     Something begins to take root and hold.
     Something quickens with  life.
     But this is more than just something within you.
     It is you." 

        From Winter Grief, Summer Grace: Returning to Life After a Loved One Dies, James E. Miller, P. 49.
     Susan, who lost an adolescent daughter, gave me this book when Joanne died. When, another Sue, asked for a book recommendation for a recently bereaved spouse I recommend it. For the first time in months I opened it to discover a reflection of how I have moved.
    Initially it was helpful as I was in the depths of the most profound grief. As time passed I laid it aside. With Sue's request I opened it again and found, well articulated (see above), a description of my current place in the land of grief.

"Something begins to take root and hold.
     Something quickens with  life.
     But this is more than just something within you.
     It is you."

   Yes, I have suffered a grievous loss. But, beyond that loss I have found hope and I have found life.For this I must say "Thank you!."

Takk for alt,

Al

No comments: