Monday, February 17, 2020

Contentment.

    When I am with my spiritual director and describe a feeling of contentment she often rephrases it as "peace," By which ever nomen one calls it it's my experience today. Recovered enough from jet lag now to be able to read again, is part of it. Two meals today with two different friends who wanted to hear my Asia travel stories is also a significant factor in this contentment. When I was first traveling and would return it was a disappointment that few people were willing to go beyond "How was your trip?" Now I've come to cherish those who are genuinely interested in my stories without me expecting that everyone will be.
    Tomorrow I will return to school and I'm looking forward to that. Some of the students and teachers have followed my blog. Were there not a 13 hour time difference between Ayutthaya and MN., I'd connect the students via Facetime, or some other such media. It's just not feasible with the time difference.
   In my aura of contentment I'm filled with gratitude for the relationships with family and friends.

Takk for alt,

Al

No comments: