Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Shifted?

    One of my friends, whose wife died shortly after Joanne, has remarked that for him the hardest times are eating meals alone. That's not been my experience, as I've often written on this blog, the hardest for me is not being able to tell Joanne about....
    When asked if I cook my typical response is "No, I graze."  Eating alone has not been my issue. With a number of friends with whom I  meet at happy hour. the small, inexpensive portions are suitable. Residing downtown offers myriad choices. However, on those times when a friend is not available I'm increasingly choosing to go out to eat alone. It's just helpful to be in the presence of people even though I may only interact with the wait staff.
      Why this change? It's not clear what has shifted, I just notice that it has. Life in the land of grief is not static. Joanne gave us, and now me, a great gift by encouraging our downsizing and moving. Through friends we found this condo on the 15th floor. It is perfect for my current situation which feeds my gratitude for Joanne, and her leadership, in our moving.

Takk for alt,

Al

No comments: