Thursday, February 20, 2020

Once more, James E. Miller.

"I have known the blessing of sharing time on earth with another,
        one whom I have loved deeply.
I have been enriched by their life,
        and I have felt diminished by their death.
I have lived it all:
   the laughter and the tears,
       the singing and the sighing,
           the darkness and the light.
I have know how the world can change before your eyes
     when you lose the one you love so much.
I have felt lonely and alone.
Like so many others, I have been acquainted with grief.
Like so many others, I have been taught the mysterious lessons of mourning."  Winter Grief, Summer Grace: Returning to Life After a Loved one Dies, P. 60,  James E. Miller

   Life in the land of grief is certainly also a land of learning. Among the learnings; survival is possible, life still has meaning, to let go of questions which cannot be answered, the importance of friends/family who will speak her name and tell stories of her, that I am not alone in my grief,  my experience can benefit others, there are many fellow travelers in the land of grief, grief has no given timetable, relationships are crucial and much more valuable than words, the bereaved hunger to hear the name of their lost loved one spoken, and much more.

  Life is good and I am grateful!

Takk for alt,

Al

No comments: