Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Final report from Bangkok

    With one gift left to buy and my bags packed I'm nearing departure. When Delta had gates at Narita, Japan, to connect to Mpls., flights left at 6:00 a.m. When Delta lost those gates they partnered with Korean Air. Tomorrow I will fly Korean to Seoul, roomier seats, wider aisles, to connect with Delta. That flight leaves at the civilized time of 9:40 a.m.! Then I have a direct flight from there home and, for a few dollars, got an exit row.
    One of the disadvantages of spending a month in the tropics is that I lose complaining rights. No one will want to hear me say "it's sooo cold!"  Which puts to mind that Thai complain as much about the heat as Minnesotan's do about the cold.
   This means that there will be a hiccup in blogging and then it will be back to the old schedule. Trygve, the wonder dog, has been staying with Lars' family. Sella's birthday party with her friends is Saturday and she promised friends there would be a dog at the party. So, I'll not claim him until after her party, but, will he go with me?  He gets much more attention from a family of four than from a single geezer.
    This has been a much different trip. It will take some time to process it all. However, one thing is clear, I have very well treated at every turn and I am deeply grateful.

Takk for alt,

Al

Student teacher giving me a gift.

The 2 teachers with the best command of English.

Cooking my supper.

A feast of seafood.

No comments: