Wednesday, February 12, 2020

First Report From Minneapolis,

    A long time friend just called to see if we could meet in March. It was a bit weird to say "This morning when I left Bangkok..."  "It's warping" I told another friend.  But, here I am and having my temperature taken at the airport at Inchoen, Korea, that's a first, seems ages ago. Even though I went through security in Bangkok, and I'd only been on a plane, Korea insists on herding everyone through security again. That's when they took my temperature as the divided us into one of two lines: "Those who have been in China " and "those who have not been in China."  Were I to teach a course on efficiency I'd cite Korea's security procedure as a classic case of "how not to do it."
    It's now about 8:30 p.m., and I've about reached my limit so longer reporting will need to wait. One of my hearing aids up and went into the shower which did it no good. So I plan to use my early morning 'can't sleep because of jet lag' time to visit the walk-in, audiology clinic at the VA tomorrow.  Fortunately it showered only a couple of days ago. For the flight home I turned the other one off "noise, what noise?" There are advantages to being deaf though I realized how dependent I am on lip reading when Thai suddenly all began wearing masks.
    Enough now...more tomorrow.

Takk for alt,

Al

No comments: