Tuesday, February 4, 2020

"Into every life a little rain must fall."

     In all my years of teaching never did I have sick day until this year and now I've had two. Some g.i. issues kept me home today but I'll be good to go tomorrow.
    Go, the school principal, posted some pictures on Facebook of my day at school yesterday. There's a brief video of being swarmed by the 5th grade for fist bumps and high fives.  It's fun that she caught that interaction. It makes me even more keen to meet with them tomorrow.
    Thai omelettes are the best, it has to do with the oil in the wok. We were out of eggs so we stopped at the egg store. It's about the size of a double garage and all they sell are eggs. There are stacks of eggs in open crates graded by size. The eggs are sold individually and the larger the egg the more it costs. The store is not refrigerated because the eggs, though they look clean, have not been washed. Washing removes a protective coating that keeps the eggs from spoiling. Met purchased 30 eggs which were sent home with us in a plastic bag.  Some pictures are posted below.

Takk for alt,

Al

Egg store.

Met with 30 eggs.

This is why there is only one chair, Thai people are most comfortable sitting on the floor.

Met's coffee shop, she also does ironing now.

Looking down the street from the house.

No comments: