Sunday, February 16, 2020

Applause?

    In 2012, Thailand suffered a devastating flood (serious drought this year) and Pastor Mary asked if Grace University Lutheran,  could send money with me when I go to teach. Since that beginning Grace has sent money with me each year to distribute to persons in need. This, my first Sunday back, I conveyed to the congregation gratitude from the recipients. In addition I told one brief story of a woman who had to pawn her motorbike to obtain a loan from a loan shark. Not only did she have to make daily payments the interest rate was 50%! Paying off that small loan was one of the things I was able to do. When I concluded my announcement the congregation applauded. I've made hundreds of announcements but this may be the first that brought applause.
    Trygve and I are back into our usual routine as if we'd not been separated for a month. He's good for me, getting me outside and moving when I'd be tempted to stay in and inactive. He's not very talkative, the only time he barks is when he's dreaming. Tuesday I will return to school.

Takk for alt,

Al
The principal with the skiing themed towel I gave teachers this year. When I thanked her for her kindness to me she replied "We consider you family."




No comments: