Sunday, September 27, 2020

Weather report...

      For the first time in weeks it's raining, though the radar makes it look as if  isn't going to amount to much. It's been very windy, 27 mph when I went to the cemetery and the mowers were there so I didn't stay long. It annoys me that they mow on Sunday but...... 

     The rain will change my Monday plans. It will be too muddy to pick rocks. The Little House on The Prairie came equipped three styles of window treatment. The guest bedroom has some odd venetian blinds that are translucent, my bedroom has two windows with metal venetian blinds, the three standard windows on the east wall, living room and dining room, have roman shades. The roman shades are aldo translucent. In a paroxysm of home improvement I ordered shades for all six windows. UPS delivered them to my door (they know where Sinai is 😁) last week. With today's rain and tomorrow's predicted wind perhaps I'll hang them. Holding them up to the windows assuaged my fear of mis-measurement, that sort of thing is not my cup of tea.

    The wind was blowing leaves past my windows making it look very much like autumn. Autumn is followed by winter so spring can't be far away. 

    A stump grinder appeared and quickly turned the stump, of the tree behind the garage, into a sizeable pile of grindings.Fascinating man operating the grinder which is a side job, he also does foam insulation, has his funeral directors license, scuba dives for vehicles that fall through the ice and sells small buildings. He said "I get into trouble if I'm idle."  People I meet......

Takk for alt,

Al



                                                                        Grinding.
                                                      The split of the double trunk shows.
                                                                         Freshly cut.
 

                                                                    The pile of tailings.


No comments: