Friday, September 4, 2020

Grateful!

     Trygve and I are back in The Little House. Lisa kept Trygve while I was in the condo so I wouldn't need to go out very often....safety you know!  Had the opportunity to lawn visit with Lars and his family this morning. I certainly miss the weekly evenings with the girls...someday again. Lars sent a fresh loaf of his sourdough bread and Lisa banana bread. 😁  20 years ago I hadn't heard of hostas and now Lisa sent more to plant by The House.

     This my 13th "procedure" without which I would likely have died by age 60! So I am grateful, for the technology, doctor's skill, insurance that pays for it and Lisa's chauffeuring me. None of this do I take for granted and gratitude is the appropriate response.

    This is Labor Day Weekend. Weekends aren't so special in retirement. While I was still working I asked a newly retired person about retirement. He said "It's like all weekends." I said "What's a weekend?'  😊 Now the only day that's different for me is Sunday. Checking my watch tells the day of the week, not that it matters much.

   Feeling very fortunate!

Takk for alt,

Al



                                              Random pic of the day;  a prairie picture.

1 comment:

Marilyn Sharpe said...

So glad to hear that you are back to Trygve and the Little House. Savor every moment, no matter what day of the week or year it is. Blessings,
Marilyn