Monday, September 14, 2020

Perspective

     A friend recently forwarded a statement, which I've lost, suggesting that it fit me. The effect of the statement was I'd reached a point in life where many things do not disturb me. It's true, much of what once might gotten a rise out of me now no longer does. Today's situation reminded me of how fortunate I am.

     A couple of small tractor jobs were waiting for warmer weather, which was predicted for today. A typical pattern is to read the papers after breakfast and then use the morning for outside projects. Today began damp, chilly, with fog. The tractors do no have cabs so I just waited for the sun and warmth later in the day then did the work. . It's indicative of the relaxed lifestyle I live. Blessed, fortunate....totally!

    My project took me into a field of grass. I'll post pictures which show what this area looked like (minus the trees) before white people came, this being tall grass prairie. The hood of the tractor pictured is over 5" high, so that will provide some perspective. The dominant grass is big bluestem. Before burning a couple of years ago switchgrass was dominant.  No, I don't know why the change.

Takk for alt,

Al




                                                                            Yes, I'm proud!

No comments: