Saturday, September 26, 2020

Living without adult supervision..........

         It's been two and a half years since Joanne died and for most of that time I've been without adult supervision. Lisa and Lars do the best they can but they're mostly at a distance leaving me on my own. Today is one in which supervision would have been helpful.

      Periodically my church offers a men's breakfast virtually via Zoom. Tom has encouraged my participation so today was to be my first foray into this gathering. The breakfast is scheduled from 9:00 a.m. until 10:30. At 9:00 I opened my phone only to discover that I had to pre-register. Realizing the error of my ways I emailed an explanation and apology to Tom.

    An appropriate penance, it seemed to me, would be to use the time to pick rocks. Hard labor would assuage my guilt and embarrassment. Thinking "two hours picking rocks should set the record straight." Off I went to the rocky field. Judging that it must be two hours now I looked at my watch only to discover it was THREE HOURS. Does this mean I get extra credit?  "My how the time flies when you're having fun." Or as the frog said "My how fun the time is when you're having flies."  And then...the picture I took of my rock collection....I missed getting only a glimpse of the pile. 😏 (See picture below.)

      After returning to The House I washed Trygve, me, load of clothes and found a little lunch. Opening my phone as I ate lunch I discovered Tom had sent me the link to the breakfast shortly after I sent my apology to him. Any applicants out there for the role of adult supervisor?

      Ya, then....

Takk for alt,

Al

                                                                  Use your imagination! :)


No comments: