Monday, September 28, 2020

"Measure once, cut twice, or?????

      Today was another huge reminder of why I seldom do home improvement projects. While I'd accurately measured the window opening a decorative molding foiled my attempt to install the new blinds. After working all morning to see a path around the moldings without success I called the blind makers. After waiting 3 hours for a call back a helpful representative walked me through an external mount procedure.  New blinds and mountings for that process are now on order and are included on warranty.

    At the conclusion of the call the representative very tactfully suggested that in the future I call and get help before submitting an order. Such a good idea, however, the chance of me ever doing this again is almost nil. 😕  The reality is that it makes picking rocks look good.

     Filled out my absentee ballot today and now I'll walk to the post office and mail it. Voting is a very satisfying experience. 

Take for alt,

Al

                                    For my random picture of the day I chose mangroves in Cambodia.

No comments: