Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Skill set!

       It was a relief to resume picking rocks this morning. Rock picking is a skill set that I've mastered. Hanging blinds.??? not so much. Seeing how much ground there is to cover, rocking has taken on a bit more urgency. When either the ground freezes of snow comes the season will end until spring.

      With the approaching cold I lengthened my workday. The wind at 23 mph beats me up. It's very tiring so I called it quits after six hours. Many fields of soybeans have been harvested and the farmers with whom I've spoken are encouraged by the yield. Yields in the mid-50s seem quite common. Prices are up a bit becasue of the crop damage from wind and drought in other areas. China is also buying more.

      Today is Trygve's 11th birthday. He ran for three hours in the field this morning. In honor of the day I gave him a special food treat. 

      There is a TV in The Little House which only receives PBS because there only rabbit-ear antennas. For the first time in years I turned it on last night to see if it still works; it does. Perhaps I'll turn it on tonight to see what at $70,000.00 haircut looks like.

Takk for alt,

Al

                                                                            The birthday boy.

                                                                     My morning haul.

No comments: