Friday, September 25, 2020

"The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak."

       It seems as if I've read that about "willing" and "weak" someplace. It's an apt description of my morning, after setting out to do three hours of picking rocks and quitting after two. Andrew Nelson's statement came back to me "Tomorrow's another day and if it isn't it doesn't matter." Those glacier gift rocks will be there waiting for me another day.

     Attitudes and perspectives change. Rock picking, my least favorite job as a boy, doesn't seem as odious now. Today's weather was perfect, 70 degrees with a nice breeze, helped. The fact that it's my property is a factor. The ability to start and stop as I wish, matters. Physical exercise with no gym fees resonates. The reality of a worthy challenge motivates. 

     Seering how little space I cleared indicates that this is a project that will occupy me for days. It's something I can do until the snow comes or ground freezes, whichever is first. Perhaps some will still remain when spring comes.  

    Good work, good weather, good exercise💪,so many blessings, don't you wish you could join me?😅

Takk for alt,

Al

The largest rock this morning which was buried so deep only about as much as an inverted dinner plate was showing. The two smaller rocks were  buried beside it.
                                                            Rocks enhance the dam crossing.

                                                                       A tree in town.


No comments: