Thursday, September 10, 2020

"We all make choices!"

        Raise your hand if you've heard me say "We all make choices!" 😁 Even in my self-imposed isolation myriad choices confront me. This morning I choose a nice walk at sunrise, chose to follow it with breakfast followed by two hours walking in prairie pasture. The prairie pasture walk was planned for yesterday but rain ( .1") met me at the door so I chose to remain in the house and finished reading Sigh Gone., which, in retrospect, was a good choice. "We all make choices" is what I unleash in the presence of victimhood.


Choices

by Tess Gallagher

I go to the mountain side
of the house to cut saplings,
and clear a view to snow
on the mountain. But when I look up,
saw in hand, I see a nest clutched in
the uppermost branches.
I don't cut that one.
I don't cut the others either.
Suddenly, in every tree,
an unseen nest
where a mountain
would be.
 
       Rain isn't moot now except for the corn and soybeans which are ripening past their use of fresh moisture. Pastures, trees, lawns and grassland still welcome rain and replenishing the moisture of earth is important. Walking in the prairie pasture revealed an encouraging stand of native grasses, especially big bluestem, returning in response to spring grazing. Thirty years of the practice have made a difference.


Takk for alt

Al


                                                    A random prairie picture.  :)













1 comment:

Peter said...

Beautiful