Thursday, September 17, 2020

Hope...

      It's a wrenching time. CDC records 194,530 American COVID deaths...boggles the mind...Des Moines, IA's population is 194,163. How would we respond to the deaths of everyone in Des Moines? yet we got rather blithely on. Horrific fires in California, Oregon, Washington making the sun glow red in South Dakota. Hurricane Sally inundating Pensacola, FL. Should climate change deniers in high places be held liable?  "Chickens come home to roost" we said on the farm. 

      What gives you hope at times like this?  With Philip Booth "let love move (us)"

 Philip Booth

Hope

Old spirit, in and beyond me,
keep and extend me. Amid strangers
friends, great trees and big seas breaking,
let love move me. Let me hear the whole music,
see clear, reach deep. Open me to find due words,
that I may shape them to ploughshares of my own making.
After such luck, however late, give me to give to
the oldest dance… Then to good sleep,
and - if it happens - glad waking.



                                        Today's selfie.

Takk for alt,

Al

No comments: