Sunday, September 20, 2020

The dead are mostly alone.

        In my frequent (2-4 times a week) visits to the cemetery perhaps three times there have been others there. My family was not in the habit of visiting cemeteries. When Joanne and I lived in the Twin Cities we'd put flowers on her parent's, grandparent's and aunt's graves for Memorial Day. Other than that we seldom, if ever, visited. When I was at St. James, Crystal, MN., there was a widower who would sit in a lawn chair by his wife's grave in the Crystal Cemetery for hours regularly. I don't do that, my visits are frequent but not long. It comforts me the check in so I'm very grateful that Joanne chose to be buried here.

        Today the smoke from distant fires is heavier than I've ever seen. It's not unusual to see red sunrises or sunsets from fires in Canada. This is different. This smoke is clearly visible at ground level. I ache for those who have suffered from the terrible fires out west. It's been windy all day, 20 mph. from the south, and I wonder if that brought the smoke.

        I remain alive, well and grateful!

Takk for alt,

Al


No comments: