Tuesday, March 26, 2019

3/26/2019 Caring Bridge

Journal entry by Al Negstad — 25 minutes ago
    In the early days of life in the land of grief I found the book by C. S. Lewis, A Grief Observed very helpful.  Winter Grief, Summer Grace by James E. Miller was also a comfort.  Now I'm finding A Journey Of Grief, Gratitude and Grace bRuth I. Halvorson full of wisdom.  Published in response to the life and death of her husband, Loren Halvorson, it contains a complete Caring Bridge Journal, Ruth's reflections and other material.
   She writes:
    "I want to live life fully now, and I know Loren would want that.  It is up to me to participate as completely as I can in creating an ongoing, meaningful life.  I have already experienced many unexpected surprises in the unfolding of this new journey.  Connections have been made, invitations have come, and serendipitous encounters have happened, opening up surprising possibilities and opportunities.  Yes, there are times of aching loneliness and emptiness--I expect that and must accept that, but I know now it is possible to create something new, something that can spring from the darkness of grief.  Yes, new life is emerging.  I remain open to the fresh winds of the spirit blowing in my life, continually birthing new possibilities and new life even in the midst of loss and grief--a great paradox."  p. 70
    Thanks, Ruth, for saying so well what I am experiencing and in so doing validating it for me.  This new life emerges even as I ache in the absence of Joanne.  Or as Jonathan Swift said "May you live all the days of your life."


Blessings,

Al

No comments: