Monday, March 25, 2019

3/25/2019 Caring Bridge

Journal entry by Al Negstad — a minute ago
After living for the better part of a year in the land of grief there is a difference now.  Today, when asked by a friend if it get's easier, I quickly replied, "Yes, it does."  When I reflect on my situation shortly after Joanne's death and compare it to today there is a marked change.  Those first days, weeks, months were marked by terrible raw grief.  The pain was constant and palpable.  Sometimes it seemed more than could be endured.  Tears were ever close to the surface.
     Now there is an equilibrium, with the pain of grief like a dull ache.  Occasionally something will strike the bruise and then pain shoots through my psyche. The grief triggers are usually surprising, a thought, memory, item, event, song...become the factor that brings the reality of my loss crashing into my consciousness.  Yet, I am usually at peace.
     Blessed with persons who have stayed close beside me as I walk this new land I have much for which to be grateful.  Abandonment has not been my experience but rather the opposite, family and friends have rallied around me from the beginning and continue to this day.  It is in relationships that I find hope.  Thank you to one and all for staying with me!

Blessings,

Al 
     

No comments: