Thursday, February 1, 2018

Very Sweet!

     The first thing I noticed were the teacher's beautiful outfits.  The teachers always dress very professionally but today, one after one, they appeared in unusually fancy attire.  My compliments were accepted and my questions brushed aside.
     Every morning begins with the entire student body assembled in the open area beside the school.  Today proceeded as normal through the usual morning process but instead of the customary dismissal to class they were all gathered for a group picture. (See below)
    During my break between teaching sessions I was conversing with the principal and I said I was happy to be present for the group picture day.  She replied "We took the pictures today because they wanted their picture with you."   WOW!  How sweet is that.
   Last year they gave me the plaid shirt in which I'm pictured.  Each day the students wear a different uniform.  So, Monday, I asked which day I should wear my shirt and they said "Thursday", i.e., today.  Now I know there was more to it...it was all part of the plan.  It's another sign of the place I have in this school.
    Yesterday the custodian....he's the other male in the staff picture...mowed the lawn.  Annoyingly he always does this during classes and with the open doors the noise,,,but I digress.  This morning the students were put to work raking the grass and carrying to the principal's compost pile.  She's a committed environmentalist.   (Picture below)
They like to have their picture taken.

All School Picture.

School staff...I'm in the center. :)

Make hay while the sun shines.

No comments: