Sunday, February 11, 2018

Picture Op...missed!

      While I've been staying here in Chiang Rai each evening I've gone to dinner with the family.  Two nights ago I bought dinner for eight at a very nice "table cloth" restaurant.  The total bill you ask?  $66.00.  Yes, I'm the last of the big spenders.
      Last night when they picked me up for dinner I thought "should I bring my camera?"  I decided not to because we were just going to dinner.  BIG MISTAKE!.  Just as we were parking for dinner, Pear, the graduate called and said she wanted her picture with me.  We got back in their SUV (Chevy) and drove to the university campus.  Approach to the campus is by a long, winding, tree lined drive...half a mile at least.  At the top of the drive the vista opens to a huge campus, grass mall...20 acres?...at the foot is a pond and up the grassy slope buildings forming a U around the end of the mall.  The mall was filled with the 2000 graduates in their red academic gowns accompanied by their families.  With the aid of cell phone contact we found Pear, and had pictures taken while her parents slowly circulated the campus to pick us up again.
      'Always take the camera' is my usual mantra because it always seems if I don't have it I wish I did.  How true!
      This is graduation for the Class of 2016.  Interesting that it occurs in 2018!

No comments: