Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Fore!

    Back in the mid-nineties on my first trip to South East Asia since I'd been here in the 60s as a Marine, I flew into Bangkok, landing at the main airport, Don Mueang.  Since then it's become a regional airport with the opening of Suvarnabhumi Airport on the other side of Bangkok.   Now my flights to Bangkok always arrive in the middle of the night.
    But, all those years ago landed in daylight.  Imagine my surprise when I looked out the window as I landed and saw golfers playing golf on a course laid out between the runways.  Do you get a Mulligan if your ball hits an airplane?  
     When I flew to Chiang Rai, Friday, it was the first time in many years I'd used Don Mueang.  Would they still be playing golf between the runways?  Yes, there were, carts and all, playing golf.  It would have its advantages; no hills, no water hazards, and no sand traps.  Noise might be an issue.  
Sitting while teacher speaks...listening??????????..

No comments: