Saturday, January 29, 2022

That was fun!

 My granddaughters, Evy and Sella, spent the afternoon with me in the Old Folk's Home. They were not surprised when I said that a lot of old people live here. They were keen to experience the dining room. Have I explained the dining room? There are three seatings, 4:00, 5:15 and 6:00. It's necessary to reserve by 2:00 so the kitchen can prepare. A meal consisting of a first course, entrée with side, beverage and dessert is $11.00.  There is a complete menu plus a special is offered at every meal. That, i.e., the special, is usually my choice, tonight it was white, chicken chili which was very good. Portions are appropriately proportioned: enough but not too much. Sella had a toasted cheese sandwich with a side of fruit. Evy ate an omelet with french fries, so back at the apartment she said "I'm going to eat bowl of frozen peas to be responsible" and she did.  Yes, and the food is good!

   Five delightful hours with no drama.

Takk for alt,

Al


           The dialog in this strip proves that John in Norwegian.

No comments: