Monday, January 17, 2022

That was easy!

      It was 5 minutes down the steps to the car. Then there was 20 minutes driving the 15 miles to the parking lot. Another 5 minutes from the car park to the clinic. From the time I was called in to the room for radiation it was 13 minutes until I was out. This will be my routine for 39 more times, but who is counting? 

   This being my first trip from the Old Folk's Home in St. Paul to Methodist Hospital in St. Louis Park the measurements will be helpful in timing my excursions. Thanks to Madame Marie Curie, and a host of others, radiation is my friend. Yes, I'm grateful!

    MJV sent me more books, among which is Norwegian by Night, Derek B. Miller. About which The New York Times says "Has the brains of a literary novel and the body of a thriller."  Now that I'm about a third of the way through it I'd agree with that description. It's also fun becasue it's set in Norway so many of the places are familiar to me.

    A Norwegian man and his daughter are discussing her marriage prospects in the book. She says, "...it is near impossible to know whether a Norwegian man is interested."... Her father replies, "Daughter, it's not hard at all. You look for the man staring with the greatest intensity as his own shoes while in your presence. The kind of man who is too tongue-tied to try talking to you. This is the one you're looking for." pp 41-42.

   This reminds of the old joke that you can tell an extroverted Norwegian because he looks at your shoes when he talks to you. 😀

Takk for alt,

Al

No comments: