Sunday, January 16, 2022

Missing Kaia!

     It's been nine days since I arrived at the Old Folk's Home. The pattern of living that's developed has been short on physical movement. In the absence of Kaia, who is at doggie camp for awhile, it's all to easy to be sedentary. The 60 steps, climbed 2 or 3 times a day do provide a bit of cardio vascular exercise. Yet, were Kaia present, I'd be doing much more.

    Today I added a walk outside, climbing Lexington Parkway. That's a practice, walking outside, I intend to continue or I'll be totally out of shape when Kaia returns. My brother, older, walks two miles every day on the prairie. Our father would be proud of him, Dad was a great walker. Going to look at the crops I'd suggest taking a tractor but at his insistence we'd walk instead. 

Takk for alt,

Al

PS Have I mentioned that life in the Old Folk's home could be a lot worse?


                                      In the dinning room.





1 comment:

Steven Correll said...

Thinking of you in your new digs and am concerned to hear of your medical tattoo. You are too old for tattoos and in such a location! Good to hear David is still out and about walking the wind and watching the cattails for roosters. Keep on walking Al!

Thinking of you.