Friday, January 14, 2022

Alpha and Omega!

     For enrollment at Luther Seminary two years of New Testament Greek was a prerequisite. That requirement was fulfilled while I was a student at Augustana College, (now University) Sioux Falls, S.D. How much of that Greek I've forgotten became obvious when the COVID variant, Omicron, appeared in the news. "Let's see now, that's a Greek letter isn't it?"  Delta did not confuse me.

   Alpha and Omega, the first and the last letters of the Greek alphabet are easy to remember becasue of the Biblical reference.  Those letters came to mind  when I was at dinner last night. Sitting alone in the dining hall, as I was finishing my meal, a couple would have sat with me were I not about to leave. They took a different table in my eyesight. Observing them it struck me that they looked familiar. Leaving my table to exit the dining room I paused to visit with them.

   Not long into the conversation we established that we had met at Carolyn Folke's house a couple of times. In the course of the conversation they mentioned that they were the first people to move into the Landings, which was mid-December 2020. (Alpha)  It was six days since I arrived taking the last available apt. (Omega)

    They made a remarkable statement about their life here. They said "we've always liked living here, and it gets better every week."  Well, it's as I said "It could be a lot worse." 😉

Takk for alt,

Al

No comments: