Sunday, January 9, 2022

95% ????

       Leading the pack in the 'unpacking sweepstakes' we're at the approximate 95% done stage. Joanne would be proud of the rapidity with which it's going. Two purchases needed: a small recliner, similar to the one in The Little House, and a modest desk...oh, and perhaps a kitchen chair or two. With a few pictures up it already begins to feel more like home. Ten hands this afternoon accomplished much. 

     Constantly, I'm counting my blessings. Invited to dinner last night with long time friends, Roy and Dorothy, who now live just down the hall from me, we were joined by acquaintances, Glen and Ann. Dinner was lovely, conversation flowed freely until the dinning room staff wanted to go home.  The food was great. Ordering from a menu, the special was salmon, a first course soup/salad, entrée, side dish, dessert and beverage cost $11.00.  My food was very good. When the dinner broke up Roy and Dorothy invited us to their apartment for more conversation.   

    The view out the sliding glass doors of the apartment is over the Minnesota River Valley. It's exactly what I need to avoid claustrophobia, a vista and distant horizon...my prairie sensibilities you understand.

    The task this week will be to ready the condo for listing for sale, Four weeks ago I left The Little House and here I am in the old folk's home. 😁

Takk for alt,

Al





No comments: