Thursday, January 27, 2022

Long ago and far far away!

       Writing yesterdays blog about the death of a former school teacher brought those school days to mind. That one room school did have electricity but about all it was used for was for the lights on the ceiling. It did not have running water nor telephone. Between my fourth and fifth grade years the coal burning stove was replaced with an oil burner. Then a bit of heat was retained over night as the stove was left on but turned very low. On the coldest days our lunches would freeze by noon in the entry. Through eight grades I had four teachers; 1-3, 4, 5, 6-8.  My first two years of school I walked the mile with three siblings, the next two with two brothers, then with one brother and my last two alone. 

    With this experience in my life it's no wonder I'm old enough for the old folk's home.

Takk for alt,

Al

              Rolf and Helen are two not wearing bib overalls! 😀





1 comment:

Delfa said...

Love the picture, I recognize a couple of boys!