Monday, January 24, 2022

Six down, thirty two to go!

      Once a week, after the radiation therapy, I meet with the doctor. He's older, affable and concerned. It's a wellness check to be certain that I'm handling it okay. When the radiation was planned last November the duration of the treatments was un-decided. He said "The duration is determined by the insurance company. I prefer doing it in eight weeks. However, sometimes the insurance company says 'that's too expensive, do it in six.'"

    The duration had never been explained to me so in the visit with the doctor today I asked, "six or eight?" He said "seven and a half, there will be thirty eight" thus "six down, thirty to go." Score one for me, and "thanks, Humana!" my insurance company.  My brother-in-law thought glowing in the dark would be appropriate for Epiphany Season...preacher joke. 😉

    Waited listed for a parking stall in the garage of the OFH, scraping off the ice and snow for the daily trek to radiation. brings back memories of the old days. At least now, unlike then, the car always starts.

Takk for alt,

Al

No comments: