Friday, January 7, 2022

St. Paul

     Now for the first time in my life I reside in St. Paul, MN. Nothing like choosing a day when the temperature is minus 18.  It was a day long process managed by Lisa and Lars. My job was just to stay out of the way, a task at which I excelled. Too much came with me which is no surprise even after vigorous downsizing. No fires today. Certainly glad I hired movers rather than lugging furniture ourselves. Coming down in the world, now my view is from the 4th floor instead of the 15th. This view has more trees and less buildings. The apt. faces exactly SE so it offers great winter sun and will be shaded during the summer. 

    Leaving the condo was emotional. Joanne loved it there and Joanne died there. The space contains so many memories but the memories remain even though I no longer occupy the space. Staying there alone last night was melancholy. During the whirl wind of downsizing mostly I experienced fatigue. No doubt much of the fatigue was a form of grief.  With everything packed and ready to move it was a quiet evening in the condo. A couple of good friends with listening ears were very helpful..

   Now to the unpacking....

Takk for alt,

Al

No comments: