Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Advantage!

     It's not all bad to be a geezer. Last fall I replaced an old, yellow, swivel rocker in The Little House with a smaller Lazyboy rocker, recliner. It's worked very well for me so I wanted one for the OFH. Seeing an ad from the Lazyboy Store for a sale I called. Yes, they'd sell me the same model as in South Dakota, $711.00.  It would be available in April. APRIL??? There's serious practice sleeping to be done before APRIL!  Thanking them I said I'd see if I could find one in stock.

    Slumberland in Brookings sold the one for The Little House so I called the local Slumberland. Yes, they have them in stock for $348.00 and free delivery to the lobby of the OFH. For additional $78.00 they would take to the apartment and set it up. Reporting my experience with the Lazyboy Store the clerk at Slumberland said "We always undersell them by 40%,

  In South Dakota I'd taken the chair home in my CRV. They agreed to deliver it to the lobby of the OFH on Wednesday (today). When the delivery person called to say he was on his way I took a cart to the lobby to await. When he arrived he took one look at me and said "I'll take it to your apartment and set it up." After taking one look at me he must of concluded that I was too old and frail to handle it alone. Advantage: geezer. Where is he when I can use some help on the farm? 😃

Takk for alt,

Al

I finished reading Norwegian by Night, yesterday. I'll blog about it soon.


                               My new chair.

No comments: