Sunday, June 9, 2019

6/9/2019 Caring Bridge

Journal entry by Al Negstad — a minute ago
"Friends are family you choose."  While that statement is not original with me I'd modify it like this, "Friends are family that you choose or who choose you."   Some friends have stuck with me for decades, one from earliest childhood.  These are not "old" friends they are "long time friends." 😉 
There is something very sweet about friendship that stretches over the years...it's that shared history phenomena.  These friends have revealed their quality in their care for me in the land of grief.
    Perhaps more remarkable is that, in the 7th decade of my life, I've gained a host of new friends.  Naturally we share less history as recent friends but we have the joy of discovery of common interests and concerns. They, too, have walked compassionately with me in these 14 months in the land of grief.
   With the risk of being too repetitive I'll say again, that it has been the relationships that have aided me to recovery.  Family and "chosen family"...I am so blessed!

Takk for alt,

Al 

No comments: