Thursday, June 20, 2019

6/20/2019 Caring Bridge

Journal entry by Al Negstad — a minute ago
"Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see."  Mark Twain.
    "When we treat others with kindness and no thought of reward, we change as humans. We live lives that have greater meaning and happiness. I am honored and humbled to be surrounded by family, friends, and an entire community that has shown Amy and me compassion and kindness in so many ways."  from The Race of my Life: 50 Essays on Living with Cancer, Dr. David Eitrheim, M.D.  pp. 166-167.
    Yes, that has been my experience..."surrounded by family, friends, and an entire community that has shown...compassion and kindness..."   A friend wrote this in an email to me. "Just want to share a sudden awareness of my admiration for Joanne. I think she did things for people out of wanting to do something for others."   This is true...Joanne had a very spontaneous, non-calculating style of being kind.  In her absence I'm the recipient of the kind response of others who were touched by Joanne's kindness.  We are co-creators, for better or worse, of the universe we inhabit. 

Takk for alt,

Al 

No comments: