Tuesday, June 4, 2019

6/4/2018 Caring Bridge

Journal entry by Al Negstad — a minute ago
It happened again today, a phenomenon I first recognized in the 1960's.  Driving from Minneapolis west toward The Little House on the Prairie, about mid-way across Minnesota, I'm aware of being more comfortable, at peace, and my chest is less constricted. It was first apparent to me when I'd drive MN Highway 19, west of Redwood Falls.  The change in terrain is so subtle that I only noticed it sub-consciously but from there west it is more like my home prairie.  We purchased a 15th floor condo in Minneapolis so I would have a vista and I love it, but, it's not the prairie.
    Before I go to the Little House on each visit here, I first visit Joanne at her/our cemetery.  Today I was pleasantly surprised to discover that the cut flowers I set out before Memorial Day still retain their color.  They've dried maintaining their natural beauty which is very pleasing.  With them still looking good I did not retrieve the vase happy that the foundation for her stone provides a good shelf for them.  This all refreshes my gratitude for her clear desire to be buried here.  Sometimes I tarry along time and at other times make a brief stop but she is so easy to visit when I'm here.  Today I shared the news of Richard Andersen's death...Joanne loved Richard.

Takk for alt,

Al

Joanne's dried flowers are pictured.

No comments: