Tuesday, June 25, 2019

6/25/2018 Caring Bridge

Journal entry by Al Negstad — a minute ago
In response to yesterday's post, Jody, forwarded me links to three news articles about the bus crash I mentioned. My guess of it being ten years ago was close; February 2008. Hunter, age 9, and J J, age 13, are brothers. Emilee, age 9, is not spelled 'Emily', as I had it.  There were four deaths, in addition to the three from Cottonwood, Reed, age 12, of Marshall died.  Sixteen others were injured.  The bus was thrown into the path of a pickup truck which then hit it on the other side.  There are legion in the land of grief.

    Who knew that milkweed loves fire?  Very late in April I did a controlled burn of some grassland.  The intention of the burn was to retard invasive plant species and invigorate the native grasses.  Indeed the grasses are happily growing aided by the heavy rains.  But, low and behold, there is a bumper crop of milkweed flourishing with the grass!  Yeah!🙏   One small strike for the beleaguered monarch butterflies, of which I've been seeing a few.  No, I didn't take a picture but will tomorrow when I'm again a farmer outstanding in his field.😅


Takk for alt,

Al

Pictured is my favorite tractor, a 1950 Farmall M.  

No comments: