Sunday, June 23, 2019

6/23/2019 Caring Bridge

Journal entry by Al Negstad — a minute ago
   An article in today's  Minneapolis paper linked adequate sleep with grief recovery. The article's title is "Quality seep is an important component of grieving process". Perhaps I should say at the outset that protagonist of the article who was recommended sleep runs a mattress company.  However, she found, with the death of her husband, that sleep was a significant factor in her recovery.
    It called to my mind how fortunate I've been to have the gift of sleep.  All through Joanne's illness, time in hospice, death and since, I've been able to sleep.  Why? An answer for that eludes me, so, I accept it as gift, with out understanding its cause.  Recently I waggishly suggested to a friend that I could sleep because I have a clean conscience. 😀 Naturally I'm not serious, just grateful that I don't often lie awake.
   An article in  The Washington Post, today titled "Want to feel more happy? Go outside," reported research that spending 120 minutes outside per week can "greatly enhance a person's overall sense of well being."  A cumulative 2 hours a week doesn't seem like much.  There are times when I leave the condo to go outside I can viscerally sense the benefit.  Thanks to Trygve, and the farm, I have good excuses to get outdoors. 
   Online I saw a report, which I can't recover now, about the significance of humor in mental well being.  Though, I live with absence of presence in the land of grief, I continue to find humor in things large and small.  Last night at dinner we laughed a lot, or as the old time local newspaper would have reported "A good time was had by all."

Takk for alt

Al

No comments: