Saturday, June 15, 2019

6/15/2017 Caring Bridge

Journal entry by Al Negstad — a minute ago
At a big birthday bash for Joanne, held at a hotel ballroom, her college roommate made some remarks about Joanne.  Jenine said that one of Joanne's qualities as a friend was how she always stayed in touch. Yes, she was a very faithful friend, a quality she learned from her parents.  Someone else coined the phrase that she is "a people connector."  I'm sorry that I don't remember who said that first...but she certainly was.
    People connecting does not come as naturally to me as it did to Joanne but I'm trying to carry on the tradition.  Lars and family joined me at The Little House On The Prairie for Father's Day weekend.  Tonight I've gathered a total of 13 family members for dinner in Brookings.  Lest I take too much credit, Lars and his family being present are the real draw.
    Five of us in The Little House creates much happy energy contained in its 725 square feet.  Old bicycles I acquired are a big hit with the girls, ages 7 and 10.  They appreciate the freedom to pedal around town on their own, including to the camel pen to feed the camels.  Today they rode their bikes to the cemetery to pay respects to grandma, great-grandparents and great-great grandparents.

Takk for alt,

Al

Pictures:  The girls picking vegetation to feed the 5 camels and 1 horse in the pen.  Popcorn anyone? Burning the cornfield before replanting.

No comments: