Sunday, June 2, 2019

6/2/2019 Caring Bridge

Journal entry by Al Negstad — a minute ago
Richard Andersen's death coming so soon after Tim Fisher's, (see last night's post) has exacerbated my feelings of grief over losing Joanne.  Richard and Tim shared  many traits; competence, compassion, kindness, passion for justice, integrity, personal warmth, and much more.  Though Richard was a generation older than Tim, they both made a huge difference in this world.
   Why do their deaths make me feel more keenly the grief of Joanne's death?  I've long recognized that grief touches grief (in fact this was Joanne's phrase) but I don't understand the full dynamic of that experience.  Joanne knew, respected, and loved both Tim and Richard, and would be in deep grief over their deaths.  These are deaths that we would grieve together and that has some impact on my current state.
   Lacking understanding of the dynamic doesn't change the reality that the presence of absence has been more painful in the wake of these recent deaths.  Journeying through the land of grief continues to confront me with realities I don't understand.   The best I can do is try to name what I am feeling.

Takk for alt,

Al

Historical PS:  On this day in 1865, the Civil War formally ended.  No, I did not fight in the Civil War as some wags have suggested, the picture is from my service and a clue to my identity is I have a rifle and am wearing a helmet.




No comments: