Sunday, February 28, 2021

What is half of nothing?

      The hearing aids I use are behind the ear with wires in a plastic tube going to the ear piece. One of the tubes became disconnected, in a fight with a mask, and the pieces were connected only by the wires. Successful gluing held it all together. Hopes that the audiology department at the VA could make the repair were dashed. The aid was sent back to the factory for repair with the expectation that they would be fixed and mailed back to me...in two or three weeks.

     I do have old ones I can use in the meantime. The downside is that the current ones are paired with my phone so any audio from the phone comes directly through my aids. That has made telephone visits very pleasant. Now, with audio in only one ear, phone conversations, zoom, etc., are much less satisfying.

    There is more to the story. It is a great good thing, that, with my hearing impairment, such technology is available, so a few weeks deprivation is minor. Then, too, is the reality that with my VA eligibility this is done at no cost to me. When you read the first two paragraphs understand that I am not complaining, only explaining. It does mean, that while I wait for the aid to be returned I will do less calling. 

     Kaia's presence will be even more helpful while I'm partially cut off from others.

Takk for alt,

Al

No comments: