Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Dependency

         "Don't know what you got, Till it's gone" from the song by Cinderella.  The six days since Trygve died have brought those words to mind. Oh, I fully appreciated his companionship, his quiet presence. Over the years, in reference to Trygve, I'd often said "He keeps me from being a slug."  Now I'm coming to fully appreciate the truth of that statement. Daily walks are still a part of my routine. It's the littler ones that have gone missing; arising for an early walk, another walk before bedtime, etc. Of course I could still do those things...but I don't and likely won't. It's so clear that also in this way Trygve was a gift to me as I struggle to find a new routine. 

Takk for alt,

Al


                            Keeping the squirrels at bay.

No comments: