Thursday, February 18, 2021

Tracks in the snow.

      In the midst of our little cold snap we got some nice, light, powdery snow yesterday. The snow delights me becasue I can use it to track the critters nearby. On my daily walks I examine the snow on the shoulders of the road and in the ditches for tracks. New snow tells me what has transpired recently. Pheasant tracks are common as are cottontail rabbits and squirrels. One mink recently crossed the road. Deer tracks are by far the most common. Leaving  my house this morning I noted that a deer had crossed my yard last night. "What time was that" I wondered?

     Now for a radical change of subject; gun violence. On February 15th I posted about a new endeavor in the prevention of gun violence, gunsafemn.org. Three of us are co-founders of this new organization: Pastor Nancy Bence, Interim Senior Pastor, St. James Lutheran, and former executive director of Protect Minnesota, Dr. Megan Reilly-Jennings, MD, who is a pediatrician, and I.  Nancy is the de-facto Executive Director, I am board chairman and Megan is vice-chairman. 

   The assumption that undergirds this effort is that there sensible laws, within the context of the 2nd amendment, that, if passed would save lives. One example is a red flag law that could allow intervention in situations where an individual is a credible threat of causing gun violence. It is very probable that such a law would have prevented the recent mass shooting at the medical clinic in Buffalo, MN.   

  Please visit our website and seriously consider joining us in this effort.

Takk for alt,

Al


No comments: