Friday, February 19, 2021

It's all relative!

       No, I'm not talking about family relatives. Though, I did call me cousin who winters at McAllen, TX., to see if she and her husband were okay. Turns out they're back home in Minnesota to get their second COVID shots. Their trailer park's electricity in Texas flickered but stayed on.

     The relativity I mention is in reference to the weather. The temperature is PLUS 21!  It dawned on me that the recent spate of sub-zero weather didn't bother me because of my COVID life style. Seldom do I drive anyplace so I'm not exposed to the cold going to a cold vehicle and again as I leave it. Going outside for my daily walk gives me opportunity to dress for it, per the Norwegian saying "there's no bad weather, only bad clothing."

    21 degrees in August would be one thing but quite another in February, and especially after a cold snap. The Dakotas are totally prepared for sub-zero temperatures and greet them with a shrug and a "what's the big deal?"  Trygve would watch patiently as I put on layers of clothing to go outside already wrapped in his fur coat. The cold energized him.

    So, I remain among the most fortunate of all during this pandemic, for which I am grateful.

Takk for alt,

Al


                           The late Trygve...wonder dog.

No comments: