Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Steep Learning Curve!

      Apparently middle aged dogs can learn new tricks. Kaia, the former Charlie, is quite steady on her rug by the dining room table. That's helpful so there isn't a muzzle in my lap while I'm trying to eat. Her previous owner described her as "a happy dog."  That's an apt description and her constant tail wagging is proof.  There's no observable difference in her response to "Kaia" or "Charlie" so the switch will be quite easy. 

     When I was offered a COVID vaccine at the VA in Minneapolis I scheduled some other appointments there for the same day, Friday. Having received a COVID shot locally I cancelled the VA vaccine appointment but kept the others. This means that Kaia will have her first exposure to condo life and likely her first elevator ride. She's not very anxious so it will be fine. Curious as a cat she'll sniff every corner of the apartment.

     These two comic strips are from today's Minneapolis StarTribune.  Pickles, the first strip is an illustration of life with Kaia, who never tires of attention. The second strip amused me. It doesn't take much.

Takk for alt,

Al





No comments: