Saturday, February 20, 2021

Walking and waiting...

       While I wait for my second COVID vaccine I continue my daily walks. On one of the sub-zero days I was walking away from town and at a distance of about a half mile. A car going my way stopped beside me, the driver rolled down the window and asked it I wanted a ride. I said "Thanks, but I'm just getting my exercise." It was an impressive offer given the fact that the driver was a woman, unknown to me I'd guess to be in her  30s, and she was alone in the car. She was unafraid to offer help. Traffic is not very heavy, in a typical 2.5 mile walk 4 or 5 vehicles will pass by. 

News from Thailand

Last week, police clashed with protesters demanding the release of four activists jailed pending trial on charges they insulted the monarchy, a crime in Thailand punishable by up to 15 years in prison."  Reuters

   Penalty for insulting the monarchy in Thailand, which includes any discussion of royalty, is 15 years in prison. It's hard to bring reform under those circumstances.

Takk for alt

Al

No comments: