Friday, February 12, 2021

Reflecting....

      February began my 10th month in The Little House. Earlier, it had crossed my mind that I could live here if I ran into some financial reversal that necessitated the surrender of my Minneapolis condo. Never did it cross my mind that I'd be living here, now into my 10th month, because of a pandemic. But, here I am and it has gone remarkably well. The big loss has been time with family and friends. Also, it has been a loss to not be able to attend church in person. The last meal in a restaurant was early March. Yes, I miss that, but it's not a big deal.  Attending plays, concerts and other forms of entertainment had slipped from schedule prior to COVID.  Watching online substituted for attending some basketball games. ,

    Now as I await my second COVID vaccination I do look forward to more easily moving about. High on my list of priorities is spending more time with my family. Connecting in person with friends will be sweet. Perhaps I will be able to attend church again.

    Reflecting on these months leads me back to what I've written previously; I'm among the persons most blessed and least effected by COVID. Now, thanks to the skill, wisdom, dedication and hard work of so many I'm blessed with a vaccine that greatly reduces my risk of illness. The little I did to protect myself pales in comparison with the impact on so many others. What else could I be, but grateful? and I am!!

Takk for alt,

Al

PS Today's mail brought more tributes to Trygve: A prayer from the All Creation Sings, hymnal supplement, a prayer at the Death of a Pet. Also in a sympathy card a note that K & C honored Trygve's memory with a gift to the Animal Humane Society.  THANK YOU all.

         As it says on my grandparents graves: Gone, but not forgotten. (In Norwegian)


No comments: